Although the summer is fast running out, there's still plenty of opportunity for a late break, and when good weather combines with good company, you don't want to have to worry about the staying power of your make-up. These simple tips will help you look good into the small hours and allow you to focus on the things that really matter.
- Matte foundations control shine and have better staying-power than satin finishes. But you want to avoid a solid mask effect, so choose products that combine transparency with matticity, and apply more sparingly to drier areas such as cheeks.
- Translucent powder can be used to fix make-up and keep it looking good longer. The trick is to apply sparingly and use a good dusting brush to remove excess powder and achieve a light and transparent effect.
- Lip colour will last longer if the whole of the lip area is filled in with lip liner in the required shade. If desired, it can be blurred slightly with a cotton bud. This creates a colour base on which the chosen lip colour should be applied by brush; press the lips together to set the colour.
- Waterproof mascara lasts longer and copes better with the effects of hot and humid atmospheres, smoke, tears etc. But don't forget you'll need to use the appropriate cleanser later.
- Take care with eye-liner products: kohl and pencils that use wax and grease are liable to smudge or wear off as the night goes on. For a long-lasting effect and precise outline, it's better to use eye shadow applied with a wet brush, or a traditional liquid eye-liner.